Autism: What The Son-Rise Program® Means To Me – Autism Treatment Center of America
Empowering Parents Through the Sun Rise Program: Personal Experiences
Table of Contents
- The Sun Rise Program: A Lifeline for Parents
- Sun Rise Program: A Professional Perspective
- Transformative Experience for Parents
- Love and Acceptance: Key Lessons from the Sun Rise Program
- The Sun Rise Program: A Gift for Parents
The Sun Rise Program: A Lifeline for Parents
Sun Rise Program: A Professional Perspective
Christian Plebs, a child psychiatrist from Argentina, also praises the Sun Rise Program. He works with parents and children on the autism spectrum. He believes the program focuses on love as a critical element in the healing process. He further emphasizes that:
– Children heal through their parents, and parents themselves need to heal.
– Parents are the best resources for their children.
– Acceptance, love, and empowering parents are core principles of the program.
Christian’s belief in the program is strengthened by his observation of the program’s teachers, who have decades of experience and are living embodiments of these principles.
Transformative Experience for Parents
Maria, a mother from Brazil now living in Buenos Aires, Argentina, shares her transformative experience with the program. Her daughter, Julia, also on the autism spectrum, has benefited from her participation. Maria highlights:
– The program’s power to change perceptions about a child’s capabilities.
– She feels excited and excited about working with her daughter in the playroom.
– The sense of empowerment the program brings, especially from meeting other parents from all around the world who are in the same situation.
Love and Acceptance: Key Lessons from the Sun Rise Program
Gary Watson, a father from the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, has a daughter, Hannah, who was diagnosed with pervasive developmental delay NOS. Gary’s key takeaways from the program are:
– The importance of loving Hannah at the moment.
– The understanding that it’s her journey, and he is following her on it.
– The sense of joy and camaraderie from meeting people from different cultures and countries, all united by shared experiences.
The Sun Rise Program: A Gift for Parents
Dina, a mother from Northville, Michigan, in the US, has a son named Nikolai, who is four years old. She articulates the transformative effect of the program not only on the children but also on the parents. For Dina, the Sun Rise Program:
– Provides a sense of community, making parents feel less alone.
– Acts as a gift their kids have given them by bringing them to the program.
– Is considered the best thing she has ever done, signifying the program’s profound impact on her life.
The Sun Rise Program is a lifeline for parents of children on the autism spectrum or with developmental diagnoses. It takes a holistic and compassionate approach, empowering parents and recognizing their invaluable knowledge. Through the program, parents like Ruth have witnessed incredible positive transformations in their children’s lives. The program focuses on love, acceptance, and empowering parents as core principles. It brings a sense of community and support, making parents feel less alone. The Sun Rise Program is a gift and a profound life-changing family experience.