Welcome to the 101 Autism Team! Our goal is to share the daily experiences of a family living with autism, connect families, and provide support. We’ll share stories from our everyday lives, highlighting triumphs and challenges. In addition, we’ll provide reviews on helpful products and share our experiences with helpful and unhelpful ones. We’ll feature a monthly product review and invite readers to share their ratings and reviews. My name is Dror Arbel, and I am the founder of this blog. I have a background in internet marketing and a strong passion for supporting the autism community. The idea for this blog came to me when one of my best friends had a child with low-functioning autism. I wanted to create a resource for families like yours to access information about helpful products, toys, programs, and apps. Join us on this journey and connect with other autism families in our community. Together, we can provide support and resources for each other. Please remember that this blog is for informational purposes and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We do not provide medical advice or treatment, so if you have any health-related questions or concerns, please consult a doctor or another qualified healthcare provider. Some
Hello, my name is Saar, and I’m so happy to share a bit about myself with you. I’m 17 years old and live with my loving family, including my mom, big sister, and furry best friend, Maple. As someone with autism, I sometimes feel different from other kids my age, but my family is always there to support me, and we have an excellent relationship. My sister is incredible and teaches me so much every day. Although I attend a particular school for children like myself, I sometimes struggle with expressing myself fully in long sentences. But despite this challenge, I remain grateful for the love and understanding of those around me.
- Embracing the Journey: Navigating Adulthood with Autism and Finding Joy in RoutineHello, we have cherished friends and companions on this extraordinary life path. This is Amit, once more opening up about our experiences – the intertwined lives of Saar and me, as we journey through...
- Continuing Our Journey: Celebrating the Holiday Season with Saar in 2023This year, Amit and his family have adapted their holiday traditions to accommodate the needs of Saar, their child with autism. They’ve embraced minimalist and sensory-friendly decorations and softer holiday music. Family gatherings have become smaller and more inclusive, while gift-giving reflects Saar’s emotional growth. Baking has become a new tradition, creating cherished memories and shifting the holiday focus from grandeur to warmth, understanding, and love. Continue reading
- Embracing Change and Growth: Our Journey with Saar in 2023As the year 2023 draws to a close, my heart overflows with indescribable emotions as I reflect on the extraordinary journey my son Saar and I have embarked upon. This past year has been...
- Happy Thanksgiving, Autism HeroesHello, dear friends, As Thanksgiving approaches, I reflect on our journey – mine and my son Saar’s. Saar, now 23, has been my most outstanding teacher in life. His autism has opened my eyes...
Search 101Autism Website
- Autism Diagnosis and Testing
- Autism Insurance Advice
- Autism Personal Insights Blog
- Autism Reality
- Autism Resources
- Autism-Friendly Career Opportunities
- Essential Autism Skills Development
- Games for autistic kids
- Gifts for Autistic
- Good for people with autism
- Latest Autism News and Research
- Opinion for the Autistic community
- Sensory swing
- THE SENSORY UNIVERSITY
- Toilet Training for autistic kids
- Tracking Devices
- Weighted Blanket For Autism
- What causes Autism
- Who is at risk for autism? learn about the risk factors
- Autism Symptoms
- How to Identify Autism
- Treatment Options for ASD
- The Best Autism Schools in Kansas: Providing Exceptional Education and SupportKansas offers various autism schools such as Heartspring School in Wichita and Lakemary Center School in Paola, which provide individualized instruction and therapeutic support tailored to children with autism. These schools, along with specialized programs like The Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired and The Children’s Center for the Physically Disabled in Kansas City, focus on inclusive and structured learning environments to foster academic and personal growth. When selecting a school, key factors to consider include the educational approach, specialized services, and staff expertise. Additional resources for families are available statewide. Continue reading
- Which State Offers the Best Schools for Autism: A Comprehensive AnalysisWhen seeking the best possible educational environment for children with autism, it’s essential to understand that every child is unique, and what works for one might not work for another. Continue reading
- Top Autism Schools in Indiana: A Guide for ParentsIndiana has a wide range of educational opportunities for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). With proper support and intervention, children with ASD can thrive academically and socially. This guide provides an overview of...
- The Best Autism Schools in Idaho for Your ChildTable of Contents Introduction Choosing the right school for your child with autism can be daunting. In Idaho, several excellent options cater to the unique needs of children with autism. This blog post will...
- Find the Best Autism Schools in Connecticut for Your ChildHow do you know which school is your child’s best autism school in Connecticut? There are so many options that choosing can be overwhelming, but with some research, you can find the ideal educational environment for your autistic child. Continue reading
- Can a school psychologist diagnose autismSchool psychologists are essential in identifying students with autism or other developmental disorders. They can conduct assessments and evaluations to determine whether a student may have autism and work with other professionals, such as...
- How Do I Get My Child Tested for Autism in Utah? A Comprehensive GuideAutism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a complex developmental disorder that impacts how a person communicates, interacts socially and behaves. Various challenges characterize it, including difficulties in verbal and non-verbal communication, repetitive behaviors, and difficulties...
- Autism Schools in Illinois Offer Specialized SupportAutism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a developmental condition that affects communication and behavior. The growing number of ASD diagnoses has increased the demand for tailored educational programs. Autism schools provide specialized services to meet...
- 2023 Autism Insurance Reform Initiative mapHere are the data for the Autism Insurance Reform Initiative across different states in the United States. The data represents the number of individuals with a disability who have health insurance coverage. The data is divided into two age groups: under 19 years and 19 to 64 years. For each age group, the data is further divided into those with public and private health insurance coverage. Continue reading
- Famous legal sentences and provisions related to autistic rights:It’s important to note that while these legal sentences and provisions provide some protections and recognition of autistic rights, the implementation and enforcement of these laws can vary in different countries and jurisdictions. Additionally,...
- Navigating Healthcare in 2023: A Comprehensive Guide for Families with AutismIn 2011, a groundbreaking initiative mandated insurance companies to cover autism therapies and services in more than 30 states. This State Autism Insurance Reform was a considerable triumph for families affected by autism spectrum...
- Autism Speaks Launches Transition Tool Kit to Help People with Autism Navigate the Journey from Adolescence to AdulthoodAutism Speaks, the world’s largest autism advocacy organization, has launched a new transition toolkit to help people with autism navigate the journey from adolescence to adulthood. The toolkit, available online, provides information and resources...
PRODUCTS TO SUPPORT EVERYDAY LIFE
- Cedarwood Essential Oil: A Natural Approach to Managing Autism & ADHD SymptomsRecent years have seen a rise in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), prompting increased interest in natural management strategies, particularly the use of essential oils like Cedarwood Essential Oil. Celebrated for its calming effects, Cedarwood Oil may improve focus, reduce anxiety, and aid sleep for those with ASD and ADHD. While scientific evidence is still growing, personal success stories suggest benefits in holistic care approaches, particularly when used safely and under professional guidance. Combining traditional therapies with essential oils might offer improved life quality for individuals with these neurodevelopmental disorders. Continue reading
- 10 Best Autism Games for Toddlers in 2023Autism is a varied neurodevelopmental disorder, and tailored game play can be beneficial for autistic toddlers. Effective games include puzzles, sorting, matching, stacking, building, and sensory games, which can enhance motor skills, social skills, problem-solving, and communication. It’s crucial to select repetitive, structured games that are age-appropriate and safe, while also considering each child’s unique interests and abilities. Interactive and sensory-rich games that accommodate growing skills are recommended, emphasizing fun over competition. Continue reading
- The Best Autism Learning Materials for 3-Year-OldsAutism impacts over 3 million Americans and selecting suitable learning materials is crucial for children with autism transitioning into kindergarten. Resources include picture cards, puzzles, sensory toys, and social skills materials. Top recommended items are “Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog,” “My First Piano Book,” and “INNO PAD Smart Fun Lessons.” Additionally, suggested books like “The Color Monster” and “A Little Spot of Patience,” as well as educational apps like “Khan Academy Kids” and “Baby Shark ABC Phonics,” can greatly assist in development. Choosing interactive toys and materials that match children’s needs enhances learning and skill acquisition. Continue reading
- The Surging Popularity of Fidget Toys: A Comprehensive GuideFidget toys, discreet handheld sensory tools, are increasingly popular for children, teens, and adults, particularly benefiting those with ADHD, autism, and anxiety by improving focus and reducing disruptive behavior. They come in various forms, like spinners, cubes, and meshes, offering a range of benefits, including stress relief and sensory stimulation, while facing criticism over potential classroom distraction and dependency. Despite concerns, with proper usage and guidelines, fidget toys can aid neurodivergent learners significantly, striking a balance between cognitive support and minimizing disruption. Continue reading
- Transformable Fidget Spinners: A Fun and Engaging Sensory Toy for Stress ReliefTransformable Fidget Spinners are versatile, durable toys offering stress relief and sensory stimulation for individuals with ADHD, autism, or sensory sensitivities. Their ability to transform shapes enhances tactile experiences, making them suitable for all ages. Praised in user reviews for aiding focus and providing a calming effect, these spinners are particularly valuable for children in managing sensory needs. They are discreet and portable, ideal for various environments including therapy sessions and educational settings. Continue reading
- Product Review: Special Supplies Sensory Compression VestOverall Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars The Special Supplies Sensory Compression Vest is an excellent tool for providing deep-pressure support to individuals with sensory processing disorders, hyperactivity, or autism. It is designed to...
- Genetic analysis of individuals with autism finds gene deletions.A recent analysis of the genetic makeup of individuals with autism has yielded significant findings that hold promise for advancing our understanding and potential treatments for the condition. Identifying specific gene deletions associated with...
- Autistic Children May Be at Greater Risk of Suicide: Understanding and PreventionAutism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Suicide Risk Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability affecting communication, interaction, and behavior. Recent research indicates a higher risk for suicidal thoughts and behaviors in autistic children...
- Autism and the Immune System: Unraveling the Intricate ConnectionAutism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a complex neurodevelopmental condition that affects millions of individuals worldwide. While the exact causes of autism remain uncertain, researchers have been exploring various factors that may contribute to its...
- Is the raads-r test accurateIntro The RAADS-R (Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised) test is a widely recognized and validated tool for diagnosing and assessing Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Developed by Eric Veit Ritvo and his colleagues, this self-report...
- Can People with Autism Drive? A Comprehensive GuideMany people with autism aspire to drive, valuing the independence and freedom it represents. This article explores the research, laws, and guidance around driving with autism, addressing key questions and concerns. Continue reading
- Being an Advocate for Your Child with Autism: Daily RealityEarlier, I mentioned a video that provides a glimpse into the daily experiences of being an advocate for a child with autism. The speaker shares a heartfelt account of her journey as she became...
- Unlocking the Mysteries of Autism: A Glimpse into 2023 Research BreakthroughsAutism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a complex neurodevelopmental condition that affects communication, social interaction, and behavior. That affects around 1 in 54 children in the United States. Despite not knowing the exact causes of...
- Recognizing and Testing for Autism in Adults: A Comprehensive GuideTable of content Introduction It is a common misconception that only children can be diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). However, many adults can go undiagnosed for most of their life, feeling ‘different’ without...
- Individualistic… or just Autistic?Introduction In today’s rapidly evolving world, individualism has become increasingly vital for personal growth, societal development, and overall well-being. This article delves into the concept of individualism, examining its significance and impact on various...
- Finding Support for Siblings of Children with AutismHaving a sibling with autism can pose challenges. It’s common to feel envious of the extra attention given to your autistic sibling or to find it hard to connect with them. However, there are...