Introducing Speech with Milo: Verbs
Created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, Speech with Milo: Verbs offers a versatile and entertaining speech therapy tool for children. The app is for speech therapists working with children or parents who want to teach language skills to their children. Milo offers an enjoyable tool that is used in therapy at an affordable price.
“We call it App Therapy”, says Poorani Doonan, owner of Doonan Speech Therapy and creator of Speech with Milo. “It is a simple, yet effective therapy tool to have in your bag of tricks for therapists. And parents will love it because it is educational and entertaining.”
peech with Milo: Verbs At-A-Glance
• Fun and affordable
• Animated mouse keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
• Instructions provided for Speech Therapists and Parents
• Verb is spoken as the action is completed to reinforce action with auditory input (option to turn this feature off).
• Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills.
• Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the verb.
• Child gets to take a break to watch Milo dance. Feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
• Customizable list of actions that Milo performs. On List of Actions from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, alphabetical order, or select your own custom set of verbs to work on by touching the word(s) in list of actions to activate/deactivate blue button.
• Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.
Pour nos amis de langue française