Created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, Speech with Milo: Verbs offers a versatile and entertaining speech therapy tool for children. The app is for speech therapists working with children or parents who want to teach language skills to their children. Milo offers an enjoyable tool that is used in therapy at an affordable price.
“We call it App Therapy”, says Poorani Doonan, owner of Doonan Speech Therapy and creator of Speech with Milo. “It is a simple, yet effective therapy tool to have in your bag of tricks for therapists. And parents will love it because it is educational and entertaining.”
peech with Milo: Verbs At-A-Glance
• Fun and affordable
• Animated mouse keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
• Instructions provided for Speech Therapists and Parents
• Verb is spoken as the action is completed to reinforce action with auditory input (option to turn this feature off).
• Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills.
• Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the verb.
• Child gets to take a break to watch Milo dance. Feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
• Customizable list of actions that Milo performs. On List of Actions from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, alphabetical order, or select your own custom set of verbs to work on by touching the word(s) in list of actions to activate/deactivate blue button.
• Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.
Multi Sensory Saturday Starting Black Friday November 26th and 27th
For special needs children ages 3 - 12 Drop your child off for a fun day of sensory activities, swinging, climbing, stories, holiday ...
Zac Browser is a totally free software package. It is the first Internet browser developed specifically for children living with variants of autism spectrum disorders (ASD), Asperger syndrome, Rett syndrome, ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE8hqvFHZv8www.rethinkautism.com Rethink Autism Tip For many parents, toilet training can seem like an overwhelming challenge, but using the right strategies can make it a fun and positive experience for both ...
SMAARTMom: STRONG MOTHERS ALTERING AUTISMS REALITY TOGETHER "Mothers Coming Together to Think Outside the Box of Autism Behaviors" Potty Training is some thing most people just assume your child is ...
3 thoughts on “Introducing Speech with Milo: Verbs”
For more details
Wow this game looks uber. How is a worker bee supposed to get any work done with all-knowing distractions like this?!?!
What a cool blog. I’m going subscribe.