How do you know which school is your child’s best autism school in Connecticut? There are so many options that choosing can be overwhelming, but with some research, you can find the ideal educational environment for your autistic child. Here are some steps to help you find the best autism schools in Connecticut.
Why Choose a Boarding School
Choosing a boarding school for your child with autism can be daunting. But with careful research and a bit of soul-searching, you can find a school that will provide your child with the structure, support, and opportunities they need to thrive.
Boarding School Admissions and Application Process
Most parents of children with autism want what’s best for their child. And while many great schools can provide quality education, finding the right fit for a child with autism can be challenging. Here are some tips to help you find the best autism schools in Connecticut
How to Choose a Boarding School
Choosing the right boarding school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Here are a few tips to help you choose the best autism school for your child
Learning From Parents of Children in Boarding Schools
We talked to parents of children with autism who have experience with both day and boarding schools. They had to say about finding the best autism schools in Connecticut.
Choosing an Ideal Location for your Child’s Education
When choosing an autism school for your child, there are many factors to consider. Location is one of the most important considerations. You’ll want to find a school close to home so your child can have a familiar and comfortable environment. You’ll also want to ensure the school is located in a safe neighborhood.
Another important consideration is the size of the school.
Finding Boarding Schools on The Internet
Boarding schools can provide an invaluable educational experience for your child. But with so many options available, it can be tough to know where to start your search.
Here are a few tips to help you find the best autism schools in Connecticut:
1. Start by looking at schools that specialize in educating children with autism. These schools will have staff trained to work with kids on the spectrum who understand their unique needs.
8 Best autism schools in Connecticut
1. The Academy of Autism and Related Disorders: This school is located in West Hartford and serves children ages 3-21. They offer various services, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy, speech, and occupational therapy, and social skills groups.
2. Easterseals Southern New England- Riverside School: This school is located in East Hartford and serves children ages 3-21. They offer ABA therapy, speech, and occupational therapy, individualized education programs, and social skills groups.
3. Hartford Children’s Center: This school is located in Hartford and serves children ages 0-21. They offer ABA therapy, social skills groups, an infant development program, and more.
4. Rectory School: The Rectory School is an independent, coeducational, junior boarding, and day school in Pomfret, Connecticut. “At Rectory, we know not all students learn the same way. Rectory’s challenging yet supportive environment and skilled teachers will create a personalized learning plan that fits your child.”
5. Brownell-Riverside School: Brownell Riverside School is a school in East Hartford, CT, providing education and therapy services to students from ages 3 through 22 years old who are on an Individualized Education Program (IEP). This program provides educational and therapeutic services to students who qualify for special education. In addition, Brownell-Riverside has staff that assists families of those children with autism spectrum disorders, intellectual disabilities, and emotional difficulties.
6. Hopetown Special Services Early Childhood Learning Center: Hopetown is a preschool serving children aged two to five with developmental delays or disabilities. The school offers various services, such as Developmental Intervention Programs, Speech Language Therapy, and Occupational Therapy Groups.
7. North Shore Lifespan Respite and Family Services: North Shore Lifespan Respite and Family Services strive to serve individuals with developmental disabilities by providing long-term care, housing placement, residential respite, case management services, and other types of care. They help individuals find support networks so they can live in their communities. 8. Lakeside School at Loomis Educational Center: Lakeside School at Loomis Educational Center was founded in 1972 by parents seeking quality service for their son’s disability needs.
8. University of New Haven – Center on Deafness and Development: The Center on Deafness and Development provides a nurturing, educational environment for students with significant hearing loss, speech/language disorders, deaf-blindness deaf-blind or a dual sensory impairment.
Read more about Autism schools in New York
2 thoughts on “Find the Best Autism Schools in Connecticut for Your Child”